The Armenian Foreign Ministry says on March 24, at around 16:00, Azerbaijani armed forces crossed the contact line and occupied the village of Farukhi, which had previously been controlled by the de facto Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (Artsakh).
Azerbaijan denies reports of a confrontation.
The Armenian side says Azerbaijan has violated the agreement in Russia’s area of responsibility.
“These aggressive actions by Azerbaijan prove once again that Official Baku continues to violate the tripartie agreement of 2020, according to which the confrontation should be stopped and the parties should remain in the positions they have already occupied, and Russian peacekeepers should be deployed on the line of contact.
“We expect the Russian peacekeepers, who were responsible in case of provocation, to take steps to ensure that the Azerbaijani forces return to their starting positions immediately,” the Armenian Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
The Azerbaijani side denies the Armenian claims.