The current fleet of yellow minibuses (marshrutkas) in Tbilisi will be fully replaced with new minibuses by February 1.
Out of 1,000 minibuses, 450 operate in the capital, and 550 more will be added by February.
Tbilisi City Hall introduced a subscription-based fee system. Effective February 1, passengers will pay 1 GEL for an unlimited 90-minute journey instead of 80 tetri.
There are other options for an unlimited travel pass:
- One-day travel pass for 3 GEL
- Weekly travel pass for 20 GEL
- Monthly travel pass for 40 GEL
- Six months travel pass for 150 GEL
- Yearly travel pass for 250 GEL
Socially vulnerable people, students, pupils and teachers will continue to enjoy discounts.
By Ana Dumbadze