On 10 December, Human Rights Day, the European Union, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the South Caucasus Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) and the Public Defender’s Office are inviting decision-makers and civil society leaders to discuss persisting inequalities that jeopardize democracy and hamper Georgia’s progress towards a fair and just society.
The Human Rights Forum is co-hosted by the Administration of the Government of Georgia.
The Forum will create a discussion space for the authorities and human rights activists to talk about challenges Georgia faced in 2021 and agree on concrete steps to achieve greater equality and better human rights protection.
The event will take place on 10 December 2021, 09:30 am, at Sheraton Grand Grand Tbilisi Metechi Palace Hotel (20 Telavi Street, Tbilisi)
- Parliament Chairperson Kakha Kuchava
- Public Defender Nino Lomjaria
- Advisor to the Prime Minister on Human Rights Issues Niko Tatulashvili
- Deputy Head of Political, Press and Information Section at the EU Delegation to Georgia Evija Kotan
- UN Resident Coordinator in Georgia Sabine Machl
- UNDP Resident Representative in Georgia Nick Beresford
- OHCHR Senior Adviser for the South Caucasus Vladimir Shkolnikov