In August 2022, the Consumer Price Index (Inflation) increased by 0.1 % compared to the previous month, while the annual inflation rate amounted to 10.9 %, the National Statistics Office (GeoStat) announced on Friday.
Regarding the annual core inflation, the prices increased by 7.0 %, while the annual core inflation without tobacco also amounted to 7.0%, the agency stated.
Price changes in the following groups are the main influences on monthly inflation:
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages (+ 0.9 %)
- Restaurants and hotels (+2.3 %)
- Transport (- 3.1 %)
The annual inflation rate was mainly influenced by price changes for the following groups:
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages (+15.8 %)
- Transport (+15.6 %)
- Housing, water, electricity, gas and other fuels (+ 12.4 %)
- Restaurants and hotels (+14.9%)