On March 23, EFES Georgia and Impact Hub Tbilisi launched a pre-acceleration program which aims to promote sustainable entrepreneurship and strengthen startups, companies, and individuals in this direction.
The program received applications from some 60 startups, of which 9 teams were selected based on applications and interviews. The selected teams focus on various aspects, among them the circular economy, green entrepreneurship, sustainable development, social impact, environmental protection, and energy efficiency. Over the next 12 weeks, they will work on developing their startup or company.
The selected participants are:
• Aremare – an eco-educational, recreational, demonstration space that promotes an eco-friendly lifestyle and energy-efficient construction and regenerative farming approaches.
• AI Farmer – an automated greenhouse management system that combines qualified agronomists’ knowledge, modern technologies, and artificial intelligence.
• Green Gift – a waste collection system with an effective logistic scheme and production of secondary, eco-friendly products from recycled waste.
• Preshfood – a mobile application that enables users to purchase surplus food from their favorite cafes, pastry shops, or stores at discounted prices.
• Khibli – a recycling enterprise that serves for the recycling and composting of fruit and vegetable waste.
• DAMSI Block – an energy-efficient and eco-friendly building material that significantly reduces construction costs.
• Da Vinci Green Systems – dynamic systems for greenhouses that allow consumers to get 2 times more harvest with 4 times less investment.
• Ecomap – a digital ecosystem of a circular economy.
• With us – a travel application that connects drivers and passengers on the same route.
“The EFES Georgia entrepreneurship program aims to support the development of Georgia’s innovative ecosystem, and the circular economy,” says Nikoloz Khundzakishvili, Corporate Affairs Director at EFES Georgia. “The acceleration process for the nine chosen teams will start on April 3, during which they will work on developing their startups. This will be a 12-week project and will serve as a kind of training, with field specialists involved in the process. Our aim is to prepare startups to be ready for the next stage: financing. Developing an innovative ecosystem is not only the responsibility of the government but also businesses, and EFES Georgia is committed to being a part of this process. Involvement in this initiative is one of our top priorities.”
The pre-accelerator program will be held in a hybrid format (online and offline meetings) and will last 12 weeks (April-June 2023). Participants will deepen their knowledge in several directions, including product development and validation, customer segmentation, value proposition, marketing, branding, advertising, sales, impact measurement, MVP – technical product creation, business model and finance, pitch deck, and finding funding sources.
After completing the program, the startups/companies will have established a business model, financial plan, communication strategy, product prototype or technical plan for its implementation, pitch deck, and an investment proposal to seek funding sources. At the end of the program, a demo day will be held, where the participating teams will present the results of their three months of work.
EFES Georgia, Impact Hub Tbilisi, and Startup Büro are the organizers of the pre-accelerator program.
About EFES Georgia:
EFES Georgia is the representative company of EFES Breweries International (EBI) in Georgia and produces Natakhtari beer, lemonade, and other local or licensed brands on the Georgian market.
EFES Georgia is the leader of the Georgian beer and lemonade market. The company has been in export markets since 2006. Currently, its beer and lemonade are exported to 23 countries.
The aim of the EFES Georgia’s Entrepreneurship Program is to support Georgian visionaries and entrepreneurs for the sustainable development of the country. EFES Georgia is runs various environmental projects, including wastewater treatment, plastic reduction, and energy efficiency.