Europa Donna to Hold Discussions on Breast Cancer in Georgia

Europa Donna Georgia, a coalition that fights against breast cancer, invites state structures, doctors, patients and media to a round table on July 13, in Courtyard Marriott at 17:00.

The meeting will be arranged in the working format, which will be attended by the representatives of the state structures, including the Ministry of Health, Parliamentary Committee on Healthcare and Social Issues, Municipal Service of Health and Social Services of City Hall, Tbilisi City Council, Doctors, Patients, Supporting Organizations and Media.

The aim of the event is to evaluate the existing situation in the fight against breast cancer (2016-2017 activities and the results achieved).

In addition, the event aims at identifying the existing problems and setting up an action plan to give all women with breast cancer a chance of life.

At the end of the event discussions will be held and the specific objectives will be identified, which will be in compliance with the existing healthcare resources.

Since 2016 Treatment of early breast cancer with a drug therapy Herceptin is funded by the Tbilisi Municipality and the Ministry of Health and Social Affairs of Georgia. The state finances full treatment of socially vulnerable people in Tbilisi, while the cost of other people’s treatment is usually financed by 80 percent. The rest 20 percent has to be paid by patients.

In 2017 Europe continues to work with doctors, patients and state structures to ensure adequate treatment for patients with metastatic breast cancer.

By Thea Morrison


13 July 2017 00:08