One Person Dies, Two Hospitalized from Mushroom Poisoning in Lentekhi

One person died as a result of mushroom poisoning in Lentekhi, a town and Lentekhi District's capital in Georgia's western region of Racha-Lechkhumi and Kvemo Svaneti, while another two patients, 76 and 67-year-old citizens have been taken to the intensive care department of Kutaisi hospital. Their health condition is critical.

According to the doctor, it is unknown exactly which kind of mushroom caused their intoxication. An investigation has been launched under Article 115 of the Criminal Code of Georgia, which envisages incitement to suicide or attempted suicide.

By Ana Dumbadze  

29 July 2019 11:26